Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanks For Giving


Dennis always says, "Thanks for giving" instead of Thanksgiving. It is a pretty good way of putting things. We were soooo thankful for the first time in years to have all three of our children and our Matt and Zack with us this Thanksgiving. What more could we ask to have?
While Grandma was making the ambrosia, Zack decided to help himself! I feel a newness to life with so much family around. I don't know why it took TaMara's coming home for Shane and Blythe to come around more. The reason doesn't matter. I just love it. Shane brought a new friend over to meet us all on Wednesday night. Dennis grew up with her mom and me for a little while in the teen years. They were visiting here from Utah. Shane and Whitney met Sunday and spent just about the rest of her whole visit together. Just a few more days before Blythe graduates! Another reason to give thanks! Now we are asking the Lord to give Blythe a job so we can thank him for another blessing. Matt and TaMara will probably be moving into an apartment soon for about six months while building their house NEXT TO US!!!!!!!! I have truly been blessed during my life to learn patience, but it truly does pay to have it. Look....I waited on Dennis and have had 32 blessed years of bliss and now Zack will be living right beside Grandma!
Is that happiness or what?

2 comments:

Veronica said...

WOW oh WOW! Look at your beautiful blog...you are doing great...much better than I am doing....mine is still the same boring one. I loved every word you wrote and the precious picture of Zach with Grandma. Your list of blessings is so perfect. I didn't realize that TaMara was building next door. I am so happy for you. What a great blessing. Our children really are the jewels in our lives aren't they. Heavenly FAther made the perfect plan for families to bring us happiness. Can't wait to hear the updates on Shane and Blythe. Keep informing us!! I love you dear friend and count you as one of my great blessings in this life.

Whit & Shane said...

Hi there, I just want to say I love your blog. It is adorable! Also, it was so great meeting all of you. I can tell Shane comes from a good family, and yes..he takes after his mother. :) I couldn't believe how much you and my mother are alike. I think I will feel right at home when I finally get out there. :) I hope to be out there soon, and can't wait to see ya'll again!